These ‘awards’ make their way around the bloggersphere pretty quickly and if you’re lucky you have numerous nominations and get to answer all sorts of questions… Not me. I’ve done one previous ‘blogger award’ and this is my second – so many thanks to Naomi at Tralisty for nominating me, you’re a gem!
Also, why is this called an award? Where’s my trophy?
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog (I stole mine from Naomi.)
I’ve done all that so let’s get started! Here are the 11 questions I was asked by the gorgeous Naomi.
1. If you had unlimited money, what would you do first and why?
I would buy my parents a nice little villa in Majorca – because I know, if they could, they’d jump up and move there in a heart-beat. I’d make sure they had a pool and a BBQ and were close to the beach and shops and not too far from the airport too so they could always come home whenever they wanted.
2. If you could go forward 10 years, or backwards 10 years, which would you choose?
Now this is a difficult one – I’d be worried going back 10 years would make me feel less stable than I feel now, 2008 was a completely different time, but then I’m not the type of person who would like to see what was going to happen in the future… What will be will be, so I’d most probably take the risk and go backwards 10 years, hoping my age would go back as well and I could be 12 again!
3. What’s your favourite day: your birthday, Halloween or Christmas?
My birthday is probably my favourite just because as a family we spread it out over a week – I go shopping with my mum one day, out for meals with my family and friends and usually on a couple of day trips with friends and loved ones too. This year I’m turning 23, and even though my birthday present isn’t happening until November (I’m going to see Hamilton) I’m VERY excited.
4. What do you want to achieve on your blog?
I don’t want to achieve anything.
I blog because I love it and I blog because it keeps my mind active – I love being able to spill words onto a metaphorical page and it makes me happy making other people think and smile. So I guess you could say that’s what I want to achieve – I want to achieve ultimate inner peace for me and those around me.
5. What’s the best way to start your day?
A strong brew, a bagel, a flick through The Guardian app, and then checking social media.
6. What’s your favourite film?
7. If you could have dinner with any celebrity, alive or dead, who would it be?
I have two, one alive, one dead.
Dead: Emily Brontë, simply because she was one of my favourite authors and I’d love to just be able to see the world from her perspective for a few hours.
Alive: Lin Manuel Miranda. The creative genius behind In The Heights and Hamilton! An American Musical. This man is currently my literary hero, his writing is genius, he’s funny, he’s charming and for God sake him and his wife are the most adorable people in the world – he can bring her along too if he wants!
8. What are your blogging goals for 2018?
Basically to just keep blogging regularly, I have a horrible habit of ignoring my blog for weeks, but I know I can’t do that anymore.
9. What do you find hardest about blogging?
I’m finding it really hard to try and stay motivated lately, I’m getting buried under with university work as well as my actual job and I’m finding there to be no time to actually work on my blog posts. That’s what I want to work on this year and that’s what I hope to accomplish by 2019 – being able to have a better and easier schedule to follow.
10. What song gets you pumped up?
My Shot from Hamilton! An American Musical.
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
My mum said it to me literally the other day, and I’ll never forget what she said, bit of context for you, I told her how I felt about university, and well, I have a longer blog post coming about that but she basically said: “You may not feel it is right for your path now, but next year, when you get that certificate, you will have a BA in one of the most usable, creative and fundamentally employable degrees out there and no one will be able to take that away from you.”
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- How did you get started with blogging?
- What was the last flight you were on and where were you flying to and from?
- What would you do if you didn’t blog?
- What’s your pet peeve?
- Do you have a song that instantly makes you happy?
- What things are you most grateful for in your life?
- What is your personal motto?
- What is your favourite book or travel movie?
- 2018 blogging goals?
- What’s one thing you’ve left in 2017 to make yourself a happier, healthier, and better person?